In-Uck ParkI am a Professor in Economics at the University of Bristol, U.K. My contact details are:
Economics Department, University of Bristol
8 Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1TN, U.K.
Email: email@example.com Tel: [+44] (0)117-331 0814, Fax: [+44] (0)117-331 0705
|Contents:||Research||Teaching||Curriculum Vitae||Other Interests|
Conference: The Economics of Social Networks, 16-17 June, 2010, Bristol, U.K.
My main areas of research are contract theory, game theory, and their applications to economic settings of interest, often involving coordination / cooperation issues and dynamic analysis. Below are my papers categorized into topics with links (blue links for published papers and green links for working papers).
Information / Communication / Reputation
- "Seller Reputation and Trust in Pre-Trade Communication," (with Bruno Jullien) 2011, under R&R for the Review of Economic Studies.
- "The Market for Liars: Reputation and Auditor Honesty," (with Andy McLennan) 2007.
- Ranked at the 3rd in the SSRN All-time most downloaded list for ERN: Cooperation & Collusion as of 10/10/2009.
- "Cheap Talk Referrals of Differentiated Experts in Repeated Relationship," RAND Journal of Economics, 36: 391-411 (2005).
- "Cheap Talk Coordination of Entry by Privately Informed Firms," RAND Journal of Economics, 33: 377-393 (2002)
- "Generic Finiteness of Equilibrium Outcome Distributions for Sender-Receiver Cheap-Talk Games," Journal of Economic Theory, 76: 431-448 (1997).
- "The Benefits of Bias: Gate-Keeping versus Herd Behavior in Scientific Peer Review," (with Marcus Munafo and Mike Peacey) work under progress.
- "Information Exchange," (with Andreas Blume) work under progress.
Contract theory and Game theory
- "An Economic Theory of Glass Ceiling," (with Paul Grout and Silvia Sonderegger) 2011, submitted.
- "Information, Authority, and Corporate Hierarchies," (with Chongwoo Choe) B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics: Vol. 11: Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 2. http://www.bepress.com/bejte/ (2011).
- "Moral Hazard Contracting and Private Credit Markets," Econometrica, 72: 701-746 (2004).
- "Generic 4 x 4 Two Person Games Have At Most 15 Equilibria," (with Andy McLennan) Games and Economic Behavior, 26: 111-130 (1999).
- "A Revealed-Preference Implication of Weighted Utility Decisions under Uncertainty," Economic Theory, 11: 413-426 (1998).
- "Bayes Contingent Plans," (with Ed Green)Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 31: 225-236 (1996,Special issue in honor of R. M. Cyert).
Networks / Coalitions
- "Overcoming the Coordination Problem: Dynamic Formation of Networks," (with Jack Ochs) Journal of Economic Theory, 145: 689-720 (2010).
- "A Simple Inducement Scheme to Overcome Adoption Externalities," B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics: Vol. 4: Iss. 1 (Contributions), Article 3. http://www.bepress.com/bejte/ (2004).
- Reprinted in the ICFAI Journal of Public Finance, India, November, 2004.
- "Promoting Competition in the Presence of Essential Facilities," (with Paul Grout) International Journal of Industrial Organization, 22: 1415-1441 (2004).
- "Internal Hierarchy and Equilibrium Coalition Structures," (with Massimo Morelli) work under progress.
- "Online Trading Websites," (with Bruno Jullien) work under progress.
Other Topics in Industrial Organization
- "Patent Protection, Takeovers, and Startup Innovation: A Dynamic Approach," (with Andreas Panagopoulos) 2011, submitted.
- "Anti-Limit Pricing," (with Byoung Heon Jun) Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, 51: 57-78 (2010).
- "Competitive Planned Obsolescence," (with Paul Grout) RAND Journal of Economics, 36: 596-612 (2005).
- "The Stock Market Condition and Initial Public Offering Pricing: A Theory and Evidence from the KOSDAQ Stock Market," (with Jongil Kim) Korean Economic Review, 18: 349-371 (2002).
- Associate Editor for European Economic Review, 2003--2007.
- Editorial Board for B.E. Journals of Economic Analysis & Policy, 2006--current.